purple background

Sunday, June 3, 2012

I love singing in Uppsala's Cathedral!

I sing in Collegium Cantorum, one of the choirs in Uppsala's gorgeous Cathedral. Tonight we had a choir concert; we sang the program we will be singing on our choir tour to Austria this summer. I think it went very well! We sang old music, including "Komm" by Bach, Hear my Prayer by Henry Purcell (love it), but also new music, composed by members of our own choir, including a song for oboe and choir by Helena Hansson. I sang a solo in one of the newly-composed pieces, this one written by Mattias Sjöberg. I wish I could post the entire concert here, but if you are interested, here is my solo from tonight, in two parts because I was unable to manage sending it by e-mail as one large video clip. It is just recorded from where Tomas stood, using his iPhone, so the quality is so-so (you will need to keep your computer's volume pretty low). But you can at least listen. Or just listen to one part (not equally divided). Keep in mind I am an amateur, so it is not perfect, but it is fun! I love singing in choir!




2 comments:

  1. Very pretty even if I didn't understand a word.

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete