purple background

Saturday, May 18, 2013

While the husband's away...

Today Tomas was off with his friends from late morning to late at night, so Yaminah and I had a mommy-daughter day. The weather couldn't have been better: it was warm and sunny, with just a slight breeze. The trees and grass are finally bright green. In fact, since this is Sweden, who knows--there is a chance this is the best weather we will have all summer long! So Yaminah and I decided to enjoy it, and go on an outing to town. Here are some pictures from our day. And yes, as my friend Rachel once wisely mentioned to me, people post pictures on their blogs about what they want to portray. This is true. For example, I did not take a picture of what nearly happened at the very end of our long afternoon in town, when Yaminah was very near a meltdown when she was quite tired and really wanted a balloon. But she didn't lose it, just cried a little, and since that was actually the only near-incident, I am very happy. Nor did I take time to snap a photo when Yaminah spilled the sea salt all over the floor after supper (salt is surprisingly hard to vacuum up!)

But we had a great day. After all, while the husband's away, the girls will...go shoe shopping (yay! we both found shoes and hers were even half off!), take a long walk just to photograph flowers, and eat smoked salmon and asparagus quinoa risotto for supper.  :)

Waiting for the bus
 

Ice cream after a long afternoon of shopping in town
While I made supper I realized it was quiet in her room... guess we really shopped till we dropped!



After supper we went on an expedition to photograph Uppsala's Provincial Flower, "kungsängsliljan" or Fritillaria meleagris. They are lovely!



Running in the park behind our house. Yaminah was so excited to wear shorts for the first time this year!
"You're good at running now!" I said, as she ran down the bike path home. "Yes, I am!" she yelled back, and just kept running.
 
Stopping to swing a little in the grove of apple trees near our place.


Now I am happy Yaminah is (finally) asleep and I have a little time to myself (and a little Ben & Jerry's). That will be a great ending to a good but very busy day. :)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment